Ken Single Stack

Ken Single Stack

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Well it has been a while since my last post. Lots of things have been going on and it is time to get back to it.
Well Since my last post I have continued in participating in action shooting sport, mainly ZSA and USPSA matches. ZSA has become a USPSA club, so that gives us a little bit of a leg up on the other clubs out there, where most of all the clubs are ranges, where ZSA is not a "range" but a club so we can put on a USPSA match anywhere that will host our match, so essentially we can hold more than one USPSA match at more than one location, currently we are just holding the ZSA/ USPSA match at ENC range in Goldsboro, NC.

I have been focused on Single Stack over the past year still and have had some good and bad matches. The RO Invitation match was great, but could not find my sights, and the Area 6 Match was great as well and I shot a solid match just needed to be a little faster, but all my hits were there and I feel like I shot a solid B level match.
This up coming weekend I am heading to SC for the SC Section match and should be a good time. This bring me to this up and coming year. As most of my friends know I am a true blue Para Single stack guy. Also I was building a Para 14-45 to be used in 3 Gun (that was going to be part of the last series) I built it up with extended base pads to allow 18/19 rounds of 45. Dawson mag-well and a cylinder and slide warp speed trigger kit. The gun shoots great and I was doing really good in Limited in USPSA and in 3 Gun ans well as Steal Challenge. Well I no longer have that, I sold it to a friend of mine who needed to move to a 1911 style platform.
I on the other hand have moved up, I acquired a older STI that I will be using for Limited and 3 gun matches. So this year after the SC Section I will be playing in Limited for a few months to build up my skills and brig my classification up in Limited, currently I have no classification.

So I will be posting my travels in Limited as well other bigger matches we have this year. There are lots going on, 2nd annual ZSA Gauntlet match, Possibly going to Area 8 (may be shooting Limited :)), Georgia State Section, ZSA Operation 300 benefit event. NC Section, and that is all I have planned so far, so we will see what else pops up.

So thanks for reading about my travels and progression in the shooting sports.

2 comments:

  1. So I just wrote a whole bibliography and it was erased. Where do I start. I am looking to get into competition shooting with a group just don't know how to start. I'm in Raleigh. Thanks man. Stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I just wrote a whole bibliography and it was erased. Where do I start. I am looking to get into competition shooting with a group just don't know how to start. I'm in Raleigh. Thanks man. Stay safe

    ReplyDelete